Top banner ad

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back on track with Single Leg Split Squats

Ok, so after a miserably busy week at work that threw my workout routine into the gutter, I got up early, hit Gold's Gym Mechanicsville and got back on track this morning. I hit 25 minute of interval cardio, but instead of 1 minute easy/1 minute fast I built it like this, 1 minute easy, 1 fast, 1 minute easy, 2 fast, 1 minute easy, 3 fast, and then back to one. I could tell a difference in the amount of sweat my body was dumping out :) Give it a try and let me know if you agree.

I hit a strength routine, full body, and hit a good core workout with bridges(ouch). I added a new exercise called the Single Leg Split Squat. Click the link to see how it's done (promise it's no ad or sales pitch, just takes you to a video on bodybuilding.com). Let me tell you---big big big time leg workout and there was some cardio benefit too as it had my heart rate blazing. My quads felt like someone had been hitting them with a frying pan (I honestly don't know what that would feel like, but imagine it must be similar to a single leg split squat).

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.