Top banner ad

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cold again, still running.

I started week two of the Couch to 5K program tonight. There is a slight shift in the rotation which had me do a 5 minute brisk warm-up walk and then start 90 second runs followed by 120 second brisk walk recovery periods, for a total of 20 minutes, and then a 5 minute brisk walk cool down and recovery.

Felt good. The coach in my Ipod gave me some tips along the way. Making sure that my heel was making contact first, rather than the balls of my feet, made a huge difference in the pounding sensation I've been feeling in my knees and ankles. I alos think that my energy increased, though it could be a placebo effect.

I'll turn out two more nights of this and then shift to the next rotation.

I'm up at 5 am tomorrow to hit the Gold's Gym Express in Mechanicsville, Va. I'll do a full body routine with a fast push, slow relax timing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.