Top banner ad

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cold, Snowy and Icy

Talking about a challenge. Follow up a Monday with a Tuesday that starts with sleet and freezing rain....and that ain't all folks. Then, in the midst of the day, we have our previoulsy postponed (due to snow) work Christmas luncheon. How awkward to walk into a restaurant with wrapped Christmas presents on January 11th. Here is the kicker, we had the luncheon at The Cheesecake Factory. How in the world do you stick to your five a day meals, with a good mix of fat, protein and carbs with a Cheescake Factory visit in the middle? I thought it was impossible but found something called "The Energy Breakfast" with scrambled egg whites, chicken breats(2, but I held myself in check with one), tomatos, and spinach. It ended up being great and it ws enough to convince me to hit the Gold's Gym in downtown Richmond (Harvie Street-it's sweet, just ask me about it if you are curious). I did 30 minutes of interval cardio and then sat in the dry sauna for about 15 minutes. I'm not sure if the dry sauna has any health benefits, but it sure felt good on cold icy day!!

The food for the remainder was this---- eggbeaters omelet with turkey and peppers, coffee with skim; mid-morning snack was a handful of almonds and a no-fat yougurt with a scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey; lunch(see above--yummmmm); mid-afternoon I had a Myoplex Light choclate fudge shake, and pork roast for dinner. Before bed, I'll hit two spoons of no-sugar all natural peanut butter and a skim moz. cheese stick.

If you see any weaknesses or places to boost my search for leanness and health, feel free to kick in suggestions. Im here to learn and hopefull inspire.

Wishing you the best. To my friends around the globe who took time to visit my Blog---God Bless, thanks and let me know what you'd like to see.
Im at jwsad70@yahoo.com

See ya on Wednesday night. Have a great hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.