Top banner ad

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Calcium can help!

We all have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We've heard about how it boosts our metabolism and helps us from eating more calories later throughout the day. How can we magnify the advantages of breakfast (and other snacks and meals throughout the day)? By including some healthy sources of Calcium in our diet, or perhaps by considering supplementation with Calcium.

Why? Calcium appears to fire up the metabolism, much as protein does. But it also appears to inhibit the bodies mechanisms used for storing fat. Not to mention helping us enjoy healthy teeth and bones. See this fact sheet from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas to get a quick rundown of the benefits.

Notice the handy list at the bottom of the page that shows some signficant sources of Calcium can be found in skim milk, yogurt, or swiss cheese. It also provides other sources to consider.

One quick trick I have tried to do, that I learned from Men's Health magazine, is to get up in the morning, fill my coffee cup with skim milk, and then drink it down to the level that I want for my coffee. I get a rush of calcium to fire up the metabolism while starting to disengage the bodies means of storing fat, and I'm getting my coffee cup ready as well.

Consider adding calcium to your weight loss regimen and please comment to let me know if you've had success with this in the past. Thanks for taking time to read my blog. You are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.