Top banner ad

Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday-back in action with some Quinoa on the menu.

Up at 5:20 a.m......was supposed to be 5:30 but my Yorkie-poo was up and ready to roll. You don't realize how 10 minutes can feel like 2 hours until it involves the alarm clock. Know what I mean?

I got up to a brisk 20 minute walk, after a egg, turkey and cheese omelet. Later, I did a Gym visit to the Gold's Gym Fan location.

Previously I had been doing full body strenght visits three times a week, with ab days on two of the off days. However, after hitting a wall at 210 lbs I decided to change it up. I finished reading Body By Design by Kris Gethen and am going to pull the next twelve weeks on his prgram to see if I can get the ball rolling once again. the big difference is that I'll be doing body-part spcific days instead of full body workouts. Also, I'll be doing 20 minutes of AM cardio on gym days and I'll actually two two 20 minute cardio sessions on off days---one in the AM and one in the PM.

Today was back and biceps. It involved lat pulldowns, seated cable rows, hyperextensions, dumbell srugs, cable bicep curls and concentration curls. I started with 5 minutes on the elliptical. I did three sets of each exercise with a weight that I could do for 12 reps, and finished the last set to failure. I defenitely feel it in my arms tonight so I think the pushign to failure on the last set will make a big difference. Of course, keep an eye out and I'll let you know if it makes any difference :)

Food wise, I am sticking with eating every 2 to 3 hours and incorporating a protein source in each meal while avoiding processsed or sugary foods. I've swtiched to only greek yogurt and official love it. The calcium and protein together kick butt. I also incorporated quinoa (keen-wah), which is a grain that has a perfect balance of protein and essential amino acids. It was a little work to prepare it but well worth it.

DON'T FORGET TO SCALE DOWN TO THE LAST POST TO SEE HOW YOU COULD WIN THE YOPLAIT PRICE PACK GIVEAWAY provided by my friends at MyBlogSpark and Yopailt. There is still time to post and enter. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.