Top banner ad

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Tuesday like a Monday!

Ok, so I guess being off on yesterday caused today to feel like a Monday---and behave like a Monday. I got up early, at about 5:05 a.m. and headed off to the Gold's Gym Express in Mechanicsville, Va after a spinach, turkey and egg beaters omelet. I hit 20 minutes of interval cardio on the elliptical machine, did some core work and then some large muscle group lifts with leg press, squat, bench press and lat pulldown. I did some bicep curls--machine and then dumbell and finished with tricep pushdowns with rope attachments. I drank a myoplex light on the ride home to try to grab about 24 grams of protein.

I had an awesome bag packed with a great lunch with chicken breast and salad, I had greek yogurt for a snack, some olive oil and sea salt almonds, a banana.....making you hungry right? Problem is, I was running around like a crazy person to make it to work on time and the lovely bunch of food sat right there on the counter, in my bag.

It was aboout 10 minutes before I should have been taking the bag out for my greek yogurt when I realized it wasn't with me. It's like that bad dream you have----where you get on the school bus and realize your naked. Don't lie---you've had that dream too. :) It's a helpless feeling....."oh man, I spend quality time putting that together and now it's turning gross."

Those things tend to throw my whole day off. For morning snack I had a bagel---I know, it was an awful decision. I was like a vacuum cleaner the rest of the day, wanting to eat anything in site. But I held it together and am pleased to be hitting the sack.

Drop me a note with your funny "oops, I left lunch at home" story. Hope everyone is well. Thanks for reading and have a terrific Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment and thank you for visiting.